In Case of Emergency: CALL 911
Paddling on both the fresh and coastal, salt waters of Maine can be the opportunity of a lifetime. Our goal is to provide you with the tools to make good choices based on your experience and skill level. Following a few basic rules will help ensure that you have a safe boating experience.
All Activity Shop boat rentals are meant for recreational purposes only - never venture beyond your skill level!
Please prepare for your time on the water. Our liability waiver and rental contract mandate that everyone who uses The Activity Shop equipment follows these rules:
- ALWAYS WEAR YOUR PFD AND WHISTLE
- ALWAYS STAY WITHIN 50’ OF SHORE
- NEVER PADDLE IN WINDS OVER 15 MPH
- DO NOT VENTURE OUT IN WHITE CAPS
- LEASHES MUST BE WORN ON PADDLE BOARDS
- ONLY USE TAS EQUIPMENT FROM DAWN ‘TIL DUSK
Important steps for preparing for your time on the water:
- CHECK THE WEATHER FORECAST MULTIPLE TIMES PER DAY
- TELL SOMEONE WHERE YOU ARE GOING; FILE A FLOAT PLAN
- UNDERSTAND HOW THE TIDE AFFECTS YOUR PADDLING AREA
- WEAR A WET OR DRY SUIT - AVAILABLE AT TAS
- KNOW THE "RULES OF THE ROAD" AND NEVER PADDLE ALONE
- WEAR SYNTHETIC CLOTHING - DO NOT WEAR COTTON!